The quickest way to update the aesthetic of a room is by using brightly dark red rug. Rugs, in particular, can brighten or change the dimensions of a room by their colors or prints. However, creating a sense of cohesion and coordination may be difficult. Not to worry though; in this short guide, we have listed a few tips that should help you make an informed decision.
• Material is important when choosing a rug. If the rug is located in a high-traffic area like the entryway or the living room, then a jute or sisal rug will be a perfect idea. Wool or wool-mix rugs are ideal for bedrooms or playrooms as they are warming and extremely durable. Low traffic areas are ideal for hand-tufted rugs or for handmade rugs or rugs made from cotton or cotton-mix rugs.
• Colors are important as well. Light colors may brighten up a room that designed with a dark color palette. A dark red rug, on the other hand, would be ideal in larger room as the color would make the room appear cozier. Colorful rugs are ideal in rooms that are tinted grey and beige while bold colorful geometric patterns are ideal for kids’ rooms.
• The size of your room also contributes to the rug you choose. For example, most interior designers choose rugs that would go under the furniture to prevent accidents. If you are looking at a small room, area rugs would be a better idea to create focal points of interest in the room and make it appear larger.
• Pile or thickness is important as well. Avoid using high-pile or thicker rugs in high traffic areas as they tend to catch dirt quickly. High-pile rugs are also more difficult to clean and sterilize. For high traffic areas, low-pile rugs made from natural materials would be an ideal fit. They are specially hardy if jute, sisal, or bamboo rugs are used in these areas.
• Cost plays an important role in choosing rugs. Expensive rugs are investment pieces and you should use them in low-traffic areas or in areas where you want to create a focal area.
Ultimately a whole range of factors come into play while choosing soft furnishings. We recommend you take your family’s choice in mind while choosing rugs for your home. For more information, you can get in touch with us and we will be glad to help you make and informed decision.