When you have multiple email accounts from different services, it can be a time consuming task to check all of your email, read through the important ones, reply to emails and compose new ones. However, checking your emails does not have to be such a hassle, especially if your email accounts use POP. You can receive and respond to all of your emails using just one email account. Here you will learn how to email merge using Gmail and receive tips on using your Outlook application to download your email accounts for use on your desktop or home screen.
Step-by-Step Email Account Merge
- Go to your Gmail account and log in. If you do not have an account with Gmail, you can set one up quite easily. After you have logged in, access your settings by clicking on the gear shaped icon in the top right corner of the home page.
- When you have opened settings, select Import mail and contacts. Click on Add a mail account and a box will come up asking you to enter the email address. After you enter the address and click on Next, another box will appear. Select Import emails from my other account. You will be asked to enter your username and password. After you enter these, click on Continue.
- From here you can choose from various options such as whether or not you wish to leave a copy of your emails in the original account. Once you have made your choices, select Add account.
If you have more accounts to add, simply repeat all of the above.
Another option for merging is to use Outlook. If you have Microsoft’s Outlook app, you can add all of your email addresses to Outlook. Outlook will work with either POP or IMAP email.
How to Merge Email Accounts with Outlook
- Open Outlook and select File and Add Account. From here, select Advanced options, then Let me set up my account manually, and click on Connect.
- Select either POP or IMAP and enter the emails you wish to merge. If the server settings do not appear automatically, enter the incoming and outgoing server settings. Finally, enter your email password and then hit Connect.
The above methods are the easiest explanations for how to email merge. Both Outlook and Gmail make it easy to check and reply to emails from multiple accounts in one convenient place.